I am a fully qualified psychotherapist and member of the BACP, with a private practice near Llandeilo in Carmarthenshire. My therapeutic practice is based on a person-centred and emotion-focused approach with adults and young people. With children, my approach is primarily based on play therapy. I have experience of working in many different areas of mental health, with all ages, including anxiety, depression, specific problems such as eating disorders, and also trauma.
In order to help you make a decision whether or not to work with me, I offer a free initial consultation where we can talk about your expectations and try to answer any questions you may have.
If you decide to work with me, and I do hope you will, you will be listened to in a safe and non-judgmental way, within a confidential and professional working relationship. Through this, you will be able to explore important aspects of your life that are related to whatever is troubling you. By talking about these things, this can lead to a new understanding of yourself, and changes in the way you feel about yourself and your relationship to others.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Practice (Distinction), University of Wales, Trinity St. David (2018)
- Level 4 Certificate in Counselling Children. Accredited by CPCAB. (2019) Training
My training for adults is in Emotion-Focused Therapy, an evidenced-based approach which combines elements of person-centred and Gestalt therapies. This approach works with the underlying emotional patterns which guide our thoughts and behaviours.
My training with children is based on the Place2Be Play therapy model, which draws on both a person centered and a psychoanalytical approach, underpinned by attachment theory.
My counselling experiences with adults, both pre and post qualification, includes work with the charity MIND. The experiences I have gained include working with clients struggling with the following:
- Depression and low-mood
- Self-harm and suicidal feelings
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Post-traumatic symptoms including flashbacks and nightmares
- Dissociative symptoms
My work with children is both in a school setting with Place2Be and also in surgeries, via GP referrals. I am also working with young people in the health service context. Through this work I have gained experience in supporting clients with:
- Suicidal thoughts and self-harm
- Low self-esteem
- Eating disorders
(40) Alice – “I would like to thank you for helping me to come to terms with my personal challenges. You helped me realise how to deal with and understand my challenges, which I turn have made me much lighter within myself. You are professional, kind and caring. I would have no hesitation in recommending your services to anyone who is struggling within themselves”
(25) Julie – “Counselling has really helped me to become more confident in myself and much more positive about the future. I am not anxious about anything any more”
(42) Steven – I have lots of counselling over the years but have never had any like this, it has helped me so much, in just 6 weeks. The way you are so active in helping me change the way I feel has really worked for me, especially the activities between sessions. Talking about my past and understanding myself now has made me realise I need to accept and care for myself instead of avoiding things and it has worked. I feel calmer, less anxious, and lighter.
INSURED, DBS Checked, REGISTERED Practicing Member of the BACP (MBACP)
ICO Data Control Registered
BACP Accredited register membership
FEES per Counselling Session (50-60 mins):
£40.00 per Private Session / (Phone sessions possible by arrangement) £35.00 for Counselling Students & Swansea University Students £45.00 for Agencies and Corporate Client
First session free